While at my parents house on Thursday I got a phone call around 10:oo at night. "Jenni, this is Niel (Travis' boss). Travis got a head injury and wont agree to go the ER. Can you talk to him and try to convince him?" Oh my heck! Visions of blood, scars, death ran through my mind. Thank goodness none of those were involved. Travis and another player collided while diving to get a ball during their softball game. The game ended soon after the accident and Travis looked at Niel and said "I don't know where I live, do you?" Niel brought him home and stayed with him for a while trying to get him to go to the hospital. My Dad and I drove up there and got to him at 12:30 and he kindly and quickly agreed to go the hospital. They took some pictures and only found a little blood on the brain. But he couldn't remember the year or month. When asked who the President was he said "I want to say Clinton . .. but man I should know this because I'm really into politics . . . Bush?" Travis asked the same three questions over and over again "How is the other guy I hit into?" (asked only after the accident was described again), "Did we win the game?" and "Did I make any good plays?" He still can't remember a lot of details about the last three weeks but he's getting better and the short term memory is back. I tried to convince him that he agreed during that time to buy me a couch and go on a trip to Hawaii but I think he's caught on.
During the whole experience I remained pretty calm for some reason I knew that he was going to be alright. But there was a time when I realized how dreadful the experience could have been and how much worse it could have been. I love Travis so much and am so grateful to have him in my life. And how lucky to be married to a man who lives as he should and can be so blessed like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
He has been in everyones prayers. It is scary when you get that call about anyone you care for in your life in any type of accident, your heart drops down to your stomach. I am so glad that it has turned out so well, as you said Jenni it could have been much worse. I am grateful to have such a wonderful brother in my life he is such a postive person and a great example to me. I love you Travis, keep yourself safe. And by the way this just proves you don't have as hard of a head as you have always claimed! ;)
That is such a scary phone call to get! I am glad it wasn't worse and that Travis is getting better and remembering more day by day. I will keep you in my prayers and hope he gets better soon!
I got a phone call like that man, probably about 4 years ago. I had just picked my kids up from the babysitters and The neighbor called said that Mike wrecked on his dirt bike and didn't know where he was or who he was. I was so scared.. we took him into the hospital and things were okay too but, he had a hard time for a few months! SO scary and SO glad that your husband is ok!!
Wow! I know that's scary and all but I can't get over his 3 questions. What a guy thing to do. I think that part (and that part only) is hilarious! Anyways, I hope he keeps getting better.
oh Jen how scary. I'm glad he is ok..that was nice of your dad to drive with you back home!
How scary! Although I'm sure you'll look back on this in a few months a laugh! Glad that he's feeling better and got to love the 3 questions he asked! So glad we're not the only ones that have given potty training a little break! I figure the baby is going to revert her back just like you said so we might as well wait! Hope all is well!
So Scary!! I am glad he is doing better. I can't believe your new little baby is almost here, I can't wait to see pics of him. You look so good Jenni!!!
Oh my goodness! How scary! I am so happy everything is alright and things are getting better. I hope things continue to go well and he gets better soon.
oh my goodness!! that would freak me out way too much, you're so calm, especially being pregnant. hope he's doing better and remembering more. good luck in the next few weeks with the new little one!
How horrible! I would have been pretty freaked out! Way to stay calm and collected. I'm glad he is okay, and getting better everyday!
Um... scary! I'm glad he's okay. Sure hope he gives in and is convinced to get you the couch and trip to Hawaii :) Good for you for staying so calm.
Travis glad to hear your doing well. Way to push him into going to the emergency room Jenni! That can be a feat in itself. I Love all 3 and 8/9 of ya!!
Scarey! I dread a phone call like that. In fact, my husband played softball tonight and I didn't go... your story made me think a little. It's so important to remember how much we care about the people we love and treat them that way so they know it too. Thanks for sharing your experience to give the little reminder. Glad to hear he's doing a little better. That's a lot on your plate right now when you're so close to having your baby! I hope you're doing ok too!
Hey! Found you guys through Robyn's blog - how are you - besides that scary head injury?
WOW, that's definitely a dreaded phone call, for sure!! So scary! Glad to hear that he is recovering well! Hope that he gets better soon!!--ashlee
Hi Jenni. Wow scary, I'm glad your hubby is ok. You are so cute and your little boy looks just like you- even cuter! It was great to hear from you! And you had fine technique you goofy girl!
I hope he is getting better! Way to keep your sense of humor! ;) He will be in our prayers!
I hope he's doing better, poor guy! That's so scary, it really makes you think how fragile life is. So he didn't buy the hawaii and couch story? Too bad!
YIKES! That is scary! Keep yourselves safe please! Hope you keep getting better.
Post a Comment