Tuesday, June 12, 2012

April 2012- Easter

Easter, favorite holiday hands down!  So so so great.  You've got the pastel colors, the hard boil eggs, the fantastic Church meeting, a giant bunny delivering great stuff, and jelly beans.  Seriously how can you go wrong?  Not to mention the great reasoning behind it all.  It is just fantastic!  This year didn't disappoint at all. 
Eldon and his super cool Preschool Easter Crafts.

The big Evanston Easter Egg Hunt.  We thought it was at the ball fields by our house.  So we left my house ten minutes before it started, only to find that ball fields empty.  Come to find out it was at the State Park.  We raced over there just in time to park, wait two minutes and then run.

Then we came home and colored eggs.

That is Steve's favorite part!  He was sooo excited to do it.

Then we had a great dinner...I don't know why I have a bunch of pictures of Eldon with wierd un excited faces...but I do.
Then that night we put out our baskets and made funny faces...and wore super hero capes.
Woke up to find many wonders!
 And tried to get a kid shot before church.  Eldon hated that part.

Love, love, love, love times a bazillion Maggie in this picture.
Alright good enough.   This year we got the boys outfits on line.  I had them come in and pick the outfit they wanted.  Kyler of course wanted the green.  Isaac wanted this one.  I kept asking him if he was sure he wanted the Salmon color.   He was determined.  He does look adorable in it.  Eldon sat on my lap and took forever to choose one.  Finally he choose this one just because of the tie....and what can I say, it's a cool tie.
And this is the wreath that I made.  I was so proud of it.  So proud that I left it up forever....in fact yesterday (June 11) I took down my Easter decorations.  Wow, don't judge me.   But when it warmed up outside I opened the door and saw a line of ants, climbing my door to eat my wreath.  Yuck! 

 And this is my Grandma.  She came up with my parents to do the egg hunt, have dinner, and color eggs with us.  Grandpa was recovering from hip surgery and she needed an adventure out.  It was great to have her here.  She is kind of really loosing her mind.  She doesn't remember us, or at least me.  Or I guess it is better to say that she doesn't remember my name.  But as she was leaving I gave her a big hug and told her I loved her.  She started to cry.  I looked at her and I said "Oh Grandma.  I hope you know how much I sincerely love you."  She said "Oh I do.  I can feel it.  Thank you for that hug.  I love you too."  It was such a sweet moment.  We hugged again.  She commented on the love she felt around us and the love in my house.   It just meant so much to me.  And I hope that it meant something to her.  I can't imagine how scary it must be not to remember everything or everyone that you come in contact with.  Or to remember how to do the simple things just to take care of yourself.  Or things you just know that you need to remember but can't access that information.  She always was so kind to me and so loving.  I hope that the few times that I am in her presence now that I can return that love and let her know that she will always be my Grandma.  Some one that I truly and sincerely love and admire.












3 comments:

Alli said...

That is adorable. you have adorable kids. and what you said about your grandma brings tears to my eyes.. what a sweet lady.. and you are such a sweet lady too! :)

Yukiko said...

I just barely took down some Christmas snowflakes yesterday. Still have some Thanksgiving leaves on the wall. Don't feel embarrassed about the Easter decor. You're family is so adorable.

Sarah said...

I agree... Maggie it just TOO cute :)