Friday, June 22, 2012

May Family Spontaneous Trip of Greatness 2012

Travis had a show that he had to go to for work in Salt Lake City.  He talked them into setting him up in the hotel for the night.  A "Show" for Travis is where he goes and a certain company shows him and others the new products they have or other products and they can order them for cheaper.  Anywas we decided to go down and spend the time with just our fam.  We told the kids that we were going on an "Adventure" and didn't tell them more.  It was fantastic.  Seriously it was soooooooooo much fun.  It was a much needed getaway for all of us.  When we arrived Travis had to leave for the show.  So it was just me and the kiddos.  So the first thing on the agenda?  Jumping on the bed.  Yes we all were jumping on the bed and it was so fun.


This was our view.  Isaac loved standing up there looking down.

Then we took the magical adventure of the Ice Machine Search....played a new game called "Which Elevator."  How you play is you push the button up or down then everyone stands by the elevator they think will be the one to open first.   Super fun.  Then I had the brilliant idea to take the kids swimming by myself.  Didn't even think that they wouldn't have a kiddy pool.  Well they didn't.  I spent 40 minutes of pure fear but trying to act cool so the kids didn't know that I was panicking.  We would get into the hot tub where they could at least walk around and stand up.  Then we would go back over to the big pool where they were only allowed to stay on the steps.  There was a worker who was in there who was sooo nice.  He suggested that I just put one of the circle life savor thingy....life preservor...what are those called?  Anyways put one of those on them....nice suggestion but not going to do that.  And then Kyler who is an ok swimmer, was done practicing and came back to the steps and kept falling backwards and I was to the point of putting Maggie down on the side and jumping in after him, decided I was soooo done with the pool.  So we went back to the elevators, played our "Which Elevator" game, got back to our room dragging towels, and dripping in the hall, asked Kyler (who was the key bearer) to put the key in.  He opened up the envelope and no key.  Great we lost the key.  So back to the elevators.  Played "Which Elevator" again.  Down to the front desk, dripping, and dragging towels.  Asked for a new key.  Got it.  Played "Which Elevator" again and made it back to our room and actually got in.  We then watched some cartoons...we don't have tv channels at our house so that was fun.  Travis showed up and we decided to go visit the City Creek Mall that was close to the hotel.
Saw the Fountain- with an Olive Garden buzzer (you know the one that tells you it's your turn) in pocket



 We ate at Olive Garden


Then went back to the City Creek Mall and went on both levels.


Went into the magical Disney Store

Sat by the Fireplace to warm up a little bit.


Climbed on a statue that I am not sure we were supposed to be on.



Looked for fish

By this point it was already late and I was all for bedtime but they all ganged up on me and talked me into returning to the pool of death...aka the hotel pool.  So we swam there for a while.  Travis took all the kids on his back, one at a time of course, and swam the length of the pool twice with them and then would switch.  Finally we were ready for bed.  This is how the boys slept.
 Blurry Magie picture...this is where she slept.  We woke up to find her underneath the bed.
 The next day Travis woke up super early to go play in the golf tournament that they were holding.  It was just me and the kids.  So we decided to go out by ourselves, I know brave right.  I was a little nervous to take all four kids out on the streets by myself.  But it was great.  Because we jumped on rocks.
and acted like Ninjas

We ended up at the Children's Exhibit at a Church Musuem.




We then went back to the hotel to wait for Travis to show up and check out.  When he did we decided to go back to City Creek and let the kids go in the water.  This is actually some pics from the day before with some art on the street.



We played in the water and then drank smoothies.
It was just the perfect little vaca for the fam.  It really was great!  I love visiting people but sometimes it is nice just to be your fam.  We had a wonderful time and can't wait to find another time to go on an Adventure!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I LOVE this post. Family trips are the very best!! I'm so glad you had so much fun, and i love that you guys were being ninjas on the streets of Salt Lake. I would have loved to be there and see that. We would have joined right in. However, that would have defeated the purpose of your family fun trip. We'll just have to have a ninja day together soon. I love you.

The Stone's said...

What a fun trip! I love the spontaneous ones! I miss you! So very much!