Maybe if I did this every time for nap, things would be different??
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Where has all the Sleep gone??
So I had the "great" idea to take a side off Kyler's crib and make it into a real bed. I figured that would be a good idea so that when the baby gets here I wont have to be up with two boys. This would give Kyler plenty of time to get used to it and not have too many changes when the baby comes. Well . . . needless to say nap/bed time has desperately changed in the past few days. I don't mean to complain, but when you wake up at two in the morning to a little face right next to yours with a big grin and a "Hi!" it's a little alarming! Kyler gets up a few times every night, sometimes it's like the experience above, other times he's yelling my name as he's climbing down the stairs. Nap time has become ridiculous!! So if any one has any bright ideas on how to keep a little busy guy in bed for nap time or how to stay cheerful with a little guy who wont stay in bed to nap, our family would appreciate it!

Maybe if I did this every time for nap, things would be different??
Maybe if I did this every time for nap, things would be different??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
have you tried duct tape to keep your kid in bed?
Actually we've not really had any huge problems with keeping our kiddo in bed at night, so I'm no help in this department.
Oh man, I am dreading the day Rylee moves into a real person bed. She's climbed out of her crib a couple of times but got hurt falling out, so I think I've scared her into thinking she'll be severley injured if she climbs out! I did see on Super Nanny once that to just keep putting them back in bed, with no eye contact, no speaking, nothing. Pretty soon, they get bored/tired and go to sleep. And eventually they just know they need to stay in bed! That might work for nap time/bedtime, but at 2 am it might be a little tricky! Good luck and be sure to let us know what happens (for future reference for me anyways!)
I'm going through the same thing!!!
Good Luck!! haha, no i promise it might get better. he has gotten so bigand handsome
this may sound mean, but we USED TO lock our son in, so he was free to get out of bed, but once he checked the door and realized it was locked he would give up and just go back to bed. you have to be really ruthless like me to do that. now that he potty trained we can't do that anymore.
I know Kathy Godfrey mentioned that she just treated putting her Trey in his "Big Boy" bed as a privilege. When he gets out of bed then he has to go back in the crib. This would be a little hard to follow through. You would be assembling and disassembling his bed everyday. I laughed so hard about waking up at 2 a.m. to the little face and "Hi." What a crack up!
That's funny! But at the same time, not so funny. I don't have any advice, sorry! Emma right now is having a hard time taking naps in her crib. I hate to think what it will be like when she can get out of bed. I'm sure I'll be battling the same thing, then I'm going to come to you for advice!
One of my sisters also locks her kicks in there room, she has her three sons in one room and just ties the bedroom door shut of keeps it closed in some way so they know it is a time to sleep and rest. Answer to what you asked on my blog, I am doing GREAT, just at the stage that I am wondering when my clothes are just not going to fit altogether, good thing my pants have always been a little bit big so I can wear them longer. But I feel great and I haven't been as tired as I was at first. I am just HUNGRY all the time. I am excited for the journey this is. Thank you for asking that was swell of you!!
What an adventurous little boy! Sawyer's on a sleep strike also! Maybe it's something in the weather!
I love that last picture! How funny that he let you do that!
Post a Comment